At inkospor® you’ll often hear us talking about the importance of a protein-rich diet when it comes to achieving your health and fitness goals.
This macronutrient is essential for an optimally functioning body, and the right amount of protein is crucial whether you’re looking to gain muscle, lose weight or you want to enjoy a multitude of other benefits and become the you that stops stopping.
If you’re already familiar with our premium sports nutrition supplements, you’ll know that an amazing taste experience is high on our list of priorities too!
Reaping the rewards of a healthy diet shouldn’t mean you have to miss out on your favourite foods or flavours, and with spring in the air we’re thinking about pancakes.
We joined forces with registered dietician Nichola Ludlam-Raine of Nic’s Nutrition to bring you the tastiest protein pancake recipe around.
Whether you’re looking for an appetising high-protein breakfast, a snack to banish late-afternoon hunger pangs or an indulgent Pancake Day supper, you’ll find it here.
Chocolate Protein Powder Pancakes by Nichola Ludlam-Raine
Nichola’s recipe will create a stack of American-style chocolate pancakes for one – an indulgent, low-calorie treat for Shrove Tuesday or any other Tuesday for that matter. As Nic pointed out, there’s no rule to say pancakes are just for Pancake Day!
- 30g of chocolate whey protein powder
We recommend our chocolate X-Treme Whey Protein Powder for a low-calorie, low-fat helping of delicious protein per serving.
- 10g of cocoa powder
- Two egg whites
- 100g of 2% fat Greek yoghurt
- Coconut oil
- Your choice of fruit, chocolate sauce or yoghurt for toppings
- Blend together the protein powder, cocoa, egg whites and yoghurt in a mixing bowl using an electric whisk, until you achieve a smooth pancake batter.
- Add enough coconut oil to your frying pan to coat the surface when heated through and wait until it is hot before you add a sufficient portion of the mixture for a small, round pancake.
- Allow the batter to cook for two minutes on either side, then transfer your pancake to a plate before repeating the process with the remainder of your mixture.
- Once your pancake stack is ready to go, simply garnish with your choice of toppings and start feasting!
With less than 250 calories per stack (of course this depends on your choice of toppings!), this is one treat that’ll fit right into your clean-eating diet.
Still unsure about how much protein you need, or how best to consume it? Find out more about the power of protein when making your hard work work harder in our Ultimate Guide to Protein Supplements.
With decades of experience in developing tasty, effective fitness and performance products, we’re the perfect partner to help you on your journey. Go get your goals.