Data Protection Statement
3. The operator of our Website and the entity responsible for data protection is:
B. Braun Medical Ltd (trading in the UK as inkospor® UK)
Storing, Processing and Using Personal Data
5. Personal Data is defined in the Data Protection Act 1998 as data, or a combination of individual datasets, by which you can be identified.
6. We gather, process and use your Personal Data in compliance with the data protection laws of the UK and the data protection regulations of the European Union.
7. As an international company, we use external service providers. If the data being processed is Personal Data, appropriate contractual agreements have been made and organisational measures implemented in accordance with the applicable laws to ensure the protection of your data.
9. We will only collect Personal Data on our Website if it is either necessary to fulfill your required purpose and/or if you voluntarily give it to us.
Your Data Protection Rights as a Customer
10. Your rights in relation to inkospor® UK include the following:
- To be informed of the Website and company responsible for storing Personal Data about you,
- To have incorrect Personal Data corrected,
- To have Personal Data that is no longer required deleted, provided that it is not subject to a legal retention obligation,
- To revoke at any time the consent issued by you to process and use your Personal Data that is not required by an overriding legal provision or directly required to complete an existing order or Contract.
- At your request, we will inform you in writing, and in accordance with the applicable law, whether we have stored any of your Personal Data and, if so, which specific data. We may charge you a small fee for this data to be provided.
Nature and Scope of Data Use
11. In entering your data on our Website, you are providing this data on an expressly voluntary basis. By entering such data, you consent to it being collected, processed or used for the purpose of contacting you, dealing with your orders, processing Contracts, protecting your legitimate interests and as further detailed in clauses 11 - 13 below. Data will not be collected, processed or used for any other purpose without your express consent.
12. Your data may be used for the following purposes:
- For delivering Products and services ordered by you.
- For sending samples, offers and other information, if you have consented to the same.
- For the development of new Products and services by us.
- To register you for competitions, programmes or offers, at your request.
- For processing payments for purchases and refunds for returns or cancellations.
- To protect you and us against, or identify, possible financial or identity fraud.
- If legally permissible, to supply user-specific, unsolicited offers and information on the products and services of inkospor®.
- To develop and provide advertising and marketing geared to your own personal interests.
- To analyse the use of our Products, services and Websites.
- To perform surveys on our Websites.
- To find out how you discovered our Website.
- To determine the effectiveness of our advertising and marketing.
- For the implementation of our General Terms and Conditions of Sale and other administrative operations of our business.
- To help maintain our Websites and services (e.g. the creation of newsletters and discount codes).
13. We may also use your collected data to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting or to send your details to those third parties.
14. You can opt out of the Marketing Options described at clause 12 above at any time by using the Web form or emailing us at email@example.com
Controlling your Data
15. You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your data in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on our Website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the data to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes,
- If you have previously agreed to us using your data for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by using the Web form or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Transmission of Data over the Internet
16. The internet is an open, global platform. Due to the way in which the internet operates and the system-related risks, all transmission of data carried out by you is at your own risk.
17. We have taken substantial precautions to ensure the security of your data. The data you have entered on HTML pages (contact forms) and that is stored by us, will be transmitted to inkospor® UK in encrypted form (SSL - Secure Socket Layer) via the public data network, and stored and processed at inkospor® UK.
18. If you register to receive a newsletter, your name and email address will be stored by us. Your address will also be required if the newsletter is to be sent by post. Your data will only be processed for the purpose of the newsletter you require; your data will not be used for any other purpose. By sending a registration email with a confirmation link, our registration system also ensures that you do actually wish to receive the chosen newsletter (double opt-in procedure).
19. You may withdraw your consent to the storage of your data and to receiving the newsletter at any time. To do this, you can use the link provided in the emails sent to you or you can the Web form or emailing us at email@example.com
Third Party Links
21. Our Website uses various technologies provided by third parties, to collect, store and analyse data in pseudonymised form, by way of example only Google analytics. This is used for the purposes of marketing and for optimising our Website. Cookies that only collect and store data in a pseudonymous form may also be used for this purpose. By using pseudonyms, usage profiles are created from this data. The data is not used to personally identify any visitor to this Website and is not consolidated with data relating to the holder of the pseudonym. If you do not want these cookies to apply to your data you should disable them in your browser or use an appropriate plug-in. Please refer to our Cookies Policy for further information.
Social Media Plug-Ins
22. As part of inkospor® UK’s internet presence, third-party content may sometimes be used (plug-ins). This can take the form of YouTube videos, RSS feeds or graphics of other pages, or social media buttons, such as the Facebook share button.
23. If you are on a inkospor® UK Website in which third-party content is embedded, a connection with the respective social network may be made. Through this, the content of the buttons may be transmitted to your browser and thus be integrated into the Website. This means the respective provider always receives the data that you called up from the inkospor® UK Website. It is not relevant whether you are a member of a social network or that you are not logged into one. Furthermore, irrespective of whether you actually interact with the embedded content, data is automatically collected by the social network. The following data can be transmitted here: IP address, browser information and operating systems, screen resolution, installed browser plug-ins (e.g. Adobe Flash Player), origin of the visitor (if you followed a link) and the URL of the current page.
24. If you are logged into a social network while you are using the inkospor® UK Website, the information relating to the call-up of the Website might be linked to your member data and stored. If you are a member of a social network and you do not want this data transmission to take place, you must log out of the social network before visiting the inkospor® UK Website.
25. If you use one of the plug-ins (for example by using the comment or Share button), the relevant provider can assign the Website call-up directly to your profile. This data is transmitted directly to the social network and stored there. Furthermore, the corresponding data is published in the respective social networks and is made visible to your contacts.
26. inkospor® UK has no influence on the amount of data collected by the social networks. The nature, scope and purpose of the data collection, information on the further processing of the data, your rights in relation to these and setting options for protecting your privacy are explained in the data protection policies of the respective social network.
27. You also have the option of blocking social media plug-ins through add-ons in your browser and thereby preventing a transmission of data.
Your Contact Person for Data Protection Matters
Should you have any questions regarding the processing of your personal data, you can contact our data protection officers directly. They are also available to help with data enquiries, requests or complaints:
UK Group Legal Counsel and Compliance Officer
B.Braun Medical Ltd. (trading as inkospor® UK)
Valid as at: May 2017